AgCAREERSTART is a program delivered by the National Farmers Federation Limited (ACN 097 140 166) (“NFF” or “We” or “Us”). NFF and its service providers are committed to protecting your privacy.
INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
What is personal information and sensitive information?
Under the Act, we have a responsibility to protect your Personal Information and Sensitive Information which is defined as follows:
- Personal information means any information or opinion about an individual who is reasonably identifiable (“Personal Information”).
- Sensitive information means Personal Information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or physical or mental health (“Sensitive Information”).
What type of Personal Information and Sensitive Information do we collect?
The type and amount of Personal Information We collect about individuals varies depending on the circumstances in which We are dealing with you. We try at all times to only collect the Personal Information We require to enable Us to perform the particular function or activity We are carrying out.
The Personal Information We may collect includes your name, date of birth, address, gender, email address, phone number, educational and work history, location of birth, Australian residency or citizenship status, whether you identify as a Disability, and the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using.
With your consent, the Sensitive Information we may collect from you includes details about your membership of industry organisations and community groups, and your racial or ethnic origin.
However, as a general rule, We do not collect any other Sensitive Information about you. In circumstances where We require Sensitive Information for a lawful purpose, We will seek your consent to collect it.
How do we collect personal information?
We normally collect personal information directly from you and may collect Personal Information from you by email or if you complete a form on the Website. You can browse the Website without telling Us who you are or providing any Personal Information.
Situations where We may collect Personal Information from you include:
- Applications – when you complete the webform provided on the Website to apply to participate in the AgCAREERSTART program.
- Newsletters – We will collect your Personal Information, including name and email address, if you subscribe to our electronic newsletter(s), promotional communications or receive other materials.
When We collect Personal Information from you, We expect you will only provide information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We will only collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means, and not in an unreasonable or intrusive way.
Where it is lawful and practical to do so, you may have the option of interacting with Us anonymously or by using a pseudonym.
If We are not able to collect Personal Information about you, in some situations We may not be able to provide you with products, services or assistance to the extent that they require Us to collect, use or disclose Personal Information. For example, you are not able to apply to participate in the AgCAREERSTART program without providing Us with your Personal Information.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We will collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information as reasonably necessary to carry out Our activities and functions and as permitted by law. These purposes include:
- administration of the AgCAREERSTART program, including the application process;
- facilitating the AgCAREERSTART program, including provision of any services required;
- contacting you for participation in surveys;
- providing you with communications relevant to the AgCAREERSTART program through newsletters, if you have signed up to receive these, noting we will provide an opt-out option;
- administering the Website and identifying user trends, noting information is aggregated and anonymised when generating reports;
- where We are required or authorised by law to; and
- purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your Personal Information for the purposes listed above, or as otherwise permitted by the Act to third parties, which may include:
- organisations or individuals who are participating in the AgCAREERSTART program;
- organisations We partner with for the delivery of AgCAREERSTART program;
- the Commonwealth Government of Australia, where We are required to for reporting purposes;
- business who provide Survey hosting services;
- Google Analytics; and
- Australian and foreign law enforcement agencies, bodies, authorities and courts.
Otherwise, We do not generally disclose Personal Information to other organisations unless:
- it is reasonably necessary; or
- you give your consent; or
- it is required or authorised by law including in emergency situations or to assist law enforcement, in accordance with the Act.
There are certain circumstances where We are entitled to disclose Personal Information without your consent, including if We believe there is a serious and imminent threat to the life, health or safety of yourself or the public, for legally permitted law enforcement activities, or where otherwise required or authorised by or under law.
Where we have collected or hold Sensitive Information about you, we will disclose it only in accordance with the Privacy Act.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access the Personal Information that We hold about you at any time, subject to certain exemptions under the Act (see APP 12).
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information We collect, hold, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and relevant to Our dealings with you and the nature of Our relationship with you.
If you would like to request access to or request a correction or amendment of, your Personal Information held by Us, you may contact Us in writing. The relevant contact details are provided below (see “Contact Details” below).
When you contact Us, please include enough information to allow Us to address your request or concern, which may include your name and contact details.
If We decline your request to access that information or to correct it, We will provide you with written notice setting out the reasons why your request has been refused and the mechanisms available to you to make a formal complaint about the refusal.
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period, and in the first instance We will endeavour to take any steps necessary to resolve the matter within 30 days.
We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five business days, and to complete Our investigation into your complaint in a timely manner. This may include, for example, gathering facts, locating and reviewing relevant documents, and speaking to relevant individuals.
When contacting Us, please provide as much detail as possible in relation to the query, issue or complaint.
NFF expects its procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint. However, if We are unable to resolve your complaint or if you are unhappy with the outcome, you may be able to lodge a complaint with the relevant regulator, such as the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via its enquiries line on 1300 363 992, or via its website at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
If you lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, or another regulatory body, We may use and disclose your Personal Information to assist in any resulting investigation or proceeding.
If you would like to contact Us about any privacy-related matters described above, to request access to or amend Your Personal Information, or would like to make a complaint regarding Our conduct in relation to your Personal Information, please contact Us at:
Oops! We could not locate your form.