Join the world’s most important career
If you’re 17-25, this unique gap-year program provides you with a paid job, training and development, not to mention the opportunity to build your networks within the agriculture industry. Applicants can indicate which farm type they’d prefer from a wide variety, and also where in Australia they would ideally like to go. A matching process is undertaken to ensure participants are assigned to the type of farms that match their interests and skills.
- Full-time paid farm job with a passionate host farmer
- A $4,500 Training and Engagement Bursary to upskill yourself
- Funding to travel for industry events
- A dedicated support team
- A network of peers across the country
Receive a $4,500 Training and Engagement Bursary to access training, attend industry events, and build your professional network
Information for farmers
Sign up your business to become a host-farm and introduce a young Australian to a rewarding career in agriculture, whilst accessing a workforce for your farm.
The AgCAREERSTART team works with you to identify suitable applicants for a placement in your business and will continue to support you through the entire 10-12 month journey on-farm.
- Contribute to the future agricultural workforce
- Access a new labour market
- Support a young person as they start their career in agriculture
- Develop skills as an employer and a mentor
We want to see young people in agriculture! We see an aging workforce in agriculture becoming an impediment to sustainable growth. We believe agriculture is an essential sector than needs young people in it to keep our future bright. Our community needs young people to enrich and enliven us.
Chris, Grains/Sheep, SA
Ready to farm your future?
Sign up for the class of 2024!
Oops! We could not locate your form.